This is an official USA Fencing Referee Development clinic.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Aspiring referees – This seminar is a required step in becoming a rated referee in USA Fencing
- Coaches – To learn the current rules and see how actions are currently being called
- Athletes – To improve their fencing and be better positioned to advocate for themselves at competitions
- Parents – To gain a foundational knowledge of the rules and a better concept of the sport in general
- Current referees – To refresh their knowledge base and update their profile with a current seminar
* FIE B rated referee in all 3 weapons – one of 11 women in the world
* Referee at Veteran World Championships in 2015, 2017
* Referee at Junior/Cadet Pan American Championships in 2017
* Domestic referee for over 30 years
Current member of USA Fencing Referee Commission:
* Referee Development Committee
* Domestic Assignments Committee
About the Referee Clinic:
The Referee Clinic will provide you with a broad understanding of the role, responsibilities, and duties of a referee, as well as refine your sense of right-of-way, timing, and application of the penalties.
Attending an official RC-sanctioned clinic is the first step in becoming a certified USA Fencing referee. The next step is successful completion of a written exam, consisting of a general section and one or more weapon-specific sections, and a score of 90% or greater is required on each section to be awarded a provisional “P” rating. Once the provisional rating has been earned, the candidate may be evaluated for a numeric rating (1-10) at a tournament.
Sunday, September 30, 2018
Doors open at 8:00, seminar run 8:30-5:30.
Riverview Fencing Academy
257C Wanaque Ave
Pompton Lakes NJ 07442
Lunch is not provided, however pizza will be ordered at a nominal cost (approx $1.50/slice).
Seminar fee $75.00 in advance, $85.00 at the door.
Please feel free to contact Lisa Campi-Sapery with any questions you may have.
Cell: (267) 872-3834